- Janet is a Narungga, Kaurna & Adnyamathanha woman from Point Pearce, formerly known as Bookyanna a small mission community in the Yorke Peninsula region in South Australia.
- Janet is a Contemporary Aboriginal artist working with acrylic.
- Janet's main body of works are traditional Aboriginal dot, animal and still life paintings, although she does other styles of paintings.
- She is self-taught and started painting many years ago as a hobbie that has now become her passion.
- Janet attended a visual arts course studying acrylic, watercolour, portraits and still life drawings.
- Janet had her first solo exhibition at ASSP Gallery on 1/4/17 to 4/6/17, her second solo exhibition was again at ASSP Gallery on the 29/7/17 to 31/8/17 for the SALA Festival.
- One of Janet's paintings "Family Connections" was accepted in the West Torrens art prize show on 2/6/17, following two paintng's "Bookyanna Butterfish" and "Family Connections" were excepted in the Walkerville Art Show this year and was exhibited on 4/10/17 at Walkerville primary school.
- From 2011-2014, Janet worked at two primary schools. During her employment with both schools, she assisted with running art programs for Aboriginal students that were aimed at maintaining cultural identity and connections with their heritage.
- Janet is currently employed with SA Health.
|Artshow: Animals Art Exhibition |
Award: Special Recognition for Exceptional Art
Sponsor: ASSP Gallery Port Adelaide